Boulder, CO 80305
305 458 4000
I have worked in the outdoor industry for over 9 years, ranging from retail, to blogging, content creation, and social media, and presently I am in the outdoor non-profit industry. I thrive in customer communication and customer service. With my current position at the Colorado Mountain Club I have been responsible for formulating and executing a social media strategy, participating in content creation, community outreach to generate interest in events and advance the goals and mission of the company, and executing e-mail campaigns via MyEmma and Zoho Mail. The results of my involvement with the organization has been a greater awareness of digital marketing, a greater partnership with brands and outdoor organizations, excellent communication with membership and clients, and an increase in social reach by over 35%.
Colorado Mountain Club (Golden, Colorado) June 2019 – February 2020
PR & Communications Manager
• Responsible for communications from the office to the club membership via social media, e-mail, and blogging platforms.
• Working on social platforms, developed storytelling strategies, assisted in developing content for fundraising initiatives and events.
• Responsible for increasing media relations through development of press releases.
Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides (Boulder, Colorado) March 2015 – June 2019
Office Assistant / Trip Logistics / Customer Service / Sales and Marketing / Social Media
• Assisting with in-house marketing and social media, including creating SEO optimized content for new website, attending conferences and meetings to create outreach and build interest in programs (Including Outdoor Retailer, SIA Show, and various travel shows around the Boulder / Denver Area) and assisting in the development of new online and offline marketing strategies such as connection with outdoor organizations such as the Outdoor Industry Association and Conservation Colorado. Create and oversee e-mail marketing campaigns as well as launching and managing company social media profiles.
• Spearhead and launched the company blog, developing weekly articles and pushing through social media through 2018 and most of 2019. Results were increased traffic to the company website.
• Created, managed, and executed free community outreach program. I developed a presentation series on topics ranging from conservation and stewardship of Colorado lands to free avalanche awareness courses.
• Responsible for management of outgoing trips including preparation of itinerary for guides, customer service for clients, finances including balances paid and due, and managing rosters for AIARE and WFR programs. Responsible for post-trip work including taking apart and filing trip reports, and requesting feedback and reviews.
Blogs For Brands 2011 – 2017
Freelance Writer / Content Creator
• Created blogging content for outdoor websites such as The Clymb and Sierra Trading Post among others. Notable stories have included interviews with noted professional climbers, photographers and filmmakers, outdoor access issues such as public land rights, and stories rooted in climbing and mountaineering history. Widely praised for exceptional research and outreach to interview subjects.
X-treme Rock Climbing Gym (Miami, Florida) June 2010-Present
• Train beginner rock climbers to earn their climbing certifications.
• Assist in the managing and execution of events at the gym such as birthday parties and school field trips.
Hope and Home (Kathmandu, Nepal) Jan 2010-June 2010
• International Volunteer in Nepal for six months.
• Placement in an orphanage, tutoring and teaching and caring for children.
• Worked in a small village school teaching English, Geography, and Math.
Spring In Italy Program (Florence, Italy) 2006-2008
• Sponsor and professor’s assistant of Miami Dade College’s Spring In Italy study abroad program.
• Organized and led students throughout the cities to explore sites of history and culture.
• Languages- Fully fluent in English, Italian
• Interpersonal Skills- Friendly and cooperative team oriented worker
• Computer Skills – Fully proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, typing: 60 wpm; Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Lightroom. Managed events through Eventbrite, and managing photo galleries through Smugmug. E-mail marketing via MyEmma and MailChimp, and understanding of WordPress and SEO functionality. Social media scheduling via Later and HootSuite.
• Proficient mountaineer, backcountry skier, climber.
• Member of American Alpine Club.
• Obtained AIARE I – 2017.
Florida International University, Miami, Florida
Bachelor in Arts in Art History
Enrolled 2010, Graduated 2012
Miami Dade College, Miami, Florida
Associate in Arts in Art Education
Enrolled 2005, Graduated 2009